About the Organization
This fund is dedicated as a living memorial to Oklahoma Highway Patrol Trooper Nikky J. Green, who on December 26, 2003, gave his life as the ultimate sacrifice to the public. The year after Trooper Green’s death, his widow, Linda Green, desired to create a living memorial of her husband and so established the Nikky J. Green Scholarship fund. The fund was initially started with a $5,000.00 donation given by Linda Green.
Trooper Nikky J. Green
His Master replied, “Well done good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your Master’s happiness!”
The guiding purpose for the creation and continuation of the Nikky J. Green Scholarship is to encourage students who exhibit qualities of character and community over self to pursue a higher education to be better equipped to reach their full potential. The Scholarship shall be administered by the Board of Trustees and is authorized to accept contributions and gifts.
The scholarship shall be $1,000 (one thousand dollars) per year to be paid in increments of
$500.00 (five hundred dollars) per semester and can be used for tuition and books or school fees.
An applicant can receive only one (1) scholarship which will be awardedeach spring and is void after one (1) year of being granted, if not used. Applications for scholarships shall be kept strictly confidential by the Board of Trustees.
Criteria for selection of the scholarship fund shall include:
• Be a graduating senior from Big Pasture, Walters, or Temple High School
• Have at least a 2.5 GPA
• Must have a minimum of three (3) character references other than family or Nikky J. Green Scholarship Board Trustee.
• Financial need: established by information received on the application form.
• Personal interview with the Board of Trustees.
• Student must attend an accredited Oklahoma university or college.
• Student must be enrolled in twelve (12) hours or more of instruction per semester.
Procedure for administration of scholarship:
The scholarship award will be sent to the recipient’s Oklahoma University or College upon receipt of the registration and enrollment verification.
This enrollment verification is to be mailed to:
Nikky J. Green Scholarship Foundation, P.O. Box 851221 Yukon OK 73085